We're committed to being your source for expert health guidance. Come to us in your pursuit of wellness and natural weight loss information, as we publish posts on health, diet, skin care tips and much, much more herein.

Breaking

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Slowing Down The Aging Process


Aging is a complex process involving many systems of your body. It's unlikely that any one product or pill could ever cure all of the ailments and facets of aging. However, there are things you can do that not only will help you age more slowly but will improve the quality of your life. Your best bet for a long and healthy life is to do as follows:

1. Eat a varied and healthy diet. Include plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grain foods. Fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, and vitamins all play a part in keeping your body functioning at its best. Drink lots of fluids to maintain healthy skin and flush out waste. Eating right will help you maintain a healthy weight. If you live somewhere which doesn't lend itself well to year-round access to fresh foods, at least take a good multivitamin pill (an iron-free formulation is preferable; iron is tricky and is best and safest when obtained purely from dietary sources). 

2. Exercise every day. Exercise improves the appetite, makes healthy bones, gives you a better emotional outlook and improves digestion and circulation. Exercise makes you stronger and helps you lose weight. 

3. Seek prompt medical care when you're ill or injured. Listen to your body and take care of any little problems before they become big problems. Get screened early for diseases such as cancer and heart disease. 

4. Quit smoking and avoid secondhand smoke. Smoking has very damaging effects and dramatically increases your risk of getting cancer and heart disease. 

5. Manage stress. Stress is a part of everyday life. Develop ways to help you cope and adjust to situations in your life that may cause you stress. The situation isn’t the problem; as the old wisdom goes, it's how your react to it. 

6. Look for ways to improve overall well-being and enthusiasm for life. Be curious and creative whenever possible, which will encourage you to learn new things and thus keep your mind young. You can also use humor and laughter to help you age well and live long. 

7. Keep strong relationships. Maintaining close ties to your family and friends is crucial to healthy aging, which science is proving more and more all the time.

8. Don’t let fears and worries dominate your life. A worried mind is never really at peace and robs you of the zest and energy which characterize youthfulness. 

9. Keep your cells youthful with antioxidants. Antioxidants are found in an enormous range of fruits and vegetables, as well as in some animal substances, like fish. Although our bodies do produce some degree of their own antioxidants, the level of production declines over time because of environmental factors and through the aging process. You can also take antioxidant supplements or drink antioxidant-rich teas like black tea.

It's often been said that your genetics determine 22 percent of your health. If you consider it, that leaves a far larger 78 percent up to one's actions and environment. Maybe you're "stuck" in an environment that's not the healthiest, but there's still a lot you can do nonetheless. So, do all within your power to be healthy, and in doing so you will age more slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment